How is Body Psychotherapy different?
Body Psychotherapy is different from other psychotherapies because:
- It is holistic and takes the notion seriously that body and mind are not two different things but the same
- Clients feel seen in their totality
- Most clients like to address difficulties on several levels at once (body, mind, spirit….)
- Body Psychotherapy can address difficulties at a level that is not accessible through words – that does not necessarily involve having to consciously understand oneself – it can easily access pre-verbal and otherwise deeply unconscious material.
Body Psychotherapy is different from complementary therapies because:
- The therapist is well trained both in complementary therapy and also in psychotherapy
- Body Psychotherapy embeds the understanding of symptoms in a deep understandng of the whole person
- Body Psychotherapists are more versatile in their technical approaches.