EABP Science and Research Committee
The EABP Science and Research Committee supports projects that further the scientific aims and objectives of EABP and research projects within body psychotherapy. The committee also works to encourage a Scientific Mindedness among the practitioners in our profession. They are working to achieve these goals through the following:
1. Organising regular Research Symposia. An initial symposium took place after the EABP Congress in Cambridge in 2012 and a second on at the Congress in Lisbon in 2014. A scientific symposium will be a regular part of the congresses.
The next Symposium will be held during the congress in Athens 13-16 October 2016.
2. The committee acts as a central point to communicate and build up a wider body psychotherapy research network.
3. Research projects in body psychotherapy. Several have been published in the past.
4. The committee works to define areas of possible research, to explore ‘partners’ in research projects; and how to develop strategies to support research and to help to get research published. Some research projects are already being undertaken and others have been put forward as possibilities.
5. The committee works to encourage body psychotherapy training institutes to develop academic links with universities, possibly to aid in research projects and possibly to help get Masters degree accreditation for body psychotherapy training courses.
- Herbert Grassmann (chairperson) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Frank Rohricht - Frank.Rohricht@eastlondon.nhs.uk
- Maurizio Stupiggia - email@example.com
- Courtenay Young - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Christina Bader-Johansson - email@example.com
- Biljana Jokic -- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zoe Schillat - email@example.com
- Jennifer Tantia - firstname.lastname@example.org
Greek Scientific Committee
- Savvas Alexoglou email@example.com
- George Koukis
- Therapia Mazarakis-Stamou firstname.lastname@example.org
- Panayiotis Stampolis email@example.com
- Eleni Stavroulaki firstname.lastname@example.org (representative)