Somatic Perspectives on Psychotherapy is a joint publication of USABP and EABP. The series is edited & hosted by Serge Prengel, LMHC (in private practice in New York City).
The activities of Somatic Perspectives include:
- conversations published on the Somatic Perspectives website
- discussions in our Linked In group.
Somatic Perspectives on Psychotherapy is about approaches to psychotherapy that pay attention to the body. This includes approaches that focus primarily on somatic processes; as well as approaches that integrate psychodynamic, behavioral or experiential perspectives with somatic processes.
Would you like to discuss with colleagues around the world your thoughts, findings or questions? The Somatic Perspectives on Psychotherapy group on Linked In is your virtual community, already shared by over 1600 kindred spirits.
Glimpses of recent discussions:
- What does research say about the impact of 5 minutes of mindful centering prior to session?
- Reichian therapists are weighing in on the question of “when” and “how” to release blocked energy.
- Research validating the neuroscience and somatic shaping behind somatic transference/counter-transference.